Learning Rooms (commonly referred to as Training rooms) are those spaces where people meet, collaborate, learn, and share ideas. Since these are intended to accommodate such a wide range of activities, they must be designed with a prime focus in mind: “flexibility”. Space crunch always has been of prime concern across businesses. And however well thought the layouts have been or how futuristically well planned your office is, somehow you always end up wanting more space. Therefore, most important key points to remember while planning your Learning rooms is ability to rearrange the room suiting your requirement at different times.
1) The meeting rooms: while the size and style of the meetings room maybe different for different purposes like huddle rooms, informal meeting rooms, 8 pax meeting rooms, a bigger 12 to 15 pax meeting room, formal meeting rooms you could have partitioned walls to convert place into a large training rooms or multiple smaller training rooms.
2) Floating Furniture: so that everything is easily moveable, changeable, different combinations can be created to accommodate different settings like theater sitting, or cluster sitting.
3) Avoid bulky Furniture: you could have tables that are not very chunky, another option is foldable tables or even could have collapsible tables that get flushed into the walls when not in use, the design possibilities are quite many.
4) The town hall / Agile spaces/ cafeterias these can also be designed can be converted into spaces which can hold large gatherings in the hour of need Could possibly be for meetings, trainings/ celebrations, crisis even. You can never predict scenarios like what we have faced globally since 2 years and we have to learn to be prepared.
5) Partitioning requires Proper Acoustics and Loudness management so as not to disturb the Areas which are nearby or when the partitions are drawn. Proper Track Movement and Sliding Folding Partitions should be made only with Acoustic Panels and interlocking mechanism. All the Walls, Floors and Ceilings should be able to absorb sound while maintaining Intelligible sound for the participants in the room.